We took a trip down to LA to see Uncle Jason and Aunt Rachel. (check out the slideshow to the right-you can click on any of the slide shows to see the pictures larger or order your own copy of the prints through Picasa) It was sooo good to see them, grandma and grandpa and San Diego friends. My uncle just got back from his second tour in Iraq. We are so proud of him and thank the Lord that he got home safe. He had a very successful mission over there and says that he saw great improvement over there in Iraq. We are definitely winning the war! Let's continue to pray for all the other brave soldiers out there that they can continue to make a difference and come home safe. When we were in LA mom and Faylen got to go to Aunt Rachel's baby shower while dad and I and the boys went skeet shooting!
Picking apples
We had a fun Halloween. I dressed up as my uncle Jason (a marine) and my sister was a ladybug. She was soooooo adorable. We went to our church's harvest festival where we played games, jumped in the jump house, and ate LOTS of candy. Check out the pics in the slide show and the video of me eating a pumpkin. I got to help dad carve it and I thought it was a great snack. We didn't have to go to a pumpkin patch this year because we had our own organic pumpkins growing on our farm!
Carving/Eating the Pumpkin
Grandpa and I at the Park
I love to go to the park and play with other kids. I'm very social. I love to shoot hoops and I have even taught myself how to dribble. I am super ticklish. My sister finally sleeps in my room now. She still wakes up a million times a night and sometimes even wakes me up with all her crying, but I just roll over and go back to sleep. Sometimes I stand up in my crib and deliriously ask to give my sister a kiss on her head. These days, I love to, not only give kisses, but also hugs. I like to help mom clean by putting everything in the trash. I think the answer to every question is "no". (watch video...sorry it's dark) My new favorite expression is, "Oh, My!" I also say lots more words. Whenever you tell me to say something I try really hard to mimic what you say. My parents are always praying for me to grow up to be a strong man of God. So I think it makes them happy that one of my favorite words to say is "Jesus!" and my very favorite book to read is my little Bible. In Fact, while sitting in the pew at church I kept pointing to the Hymn books and saying "Bible, Bible!" over and over again. I don't remember if I already told you, but I also got a mohawk a few weeks ago. Yah, it was pretty wild. Mom was pretty excited about it at first, but then we went and got our family Christmas photo taken and then she changed her mind, saying that we looked like a white trash family with me and my mohawk. Oh well, it was fun till dad shaved my whole head. Just in time for my marine costume.
"The answer is NO!"Faylen likes to play in her exersaucer all the time. I like to come over and entertain her by dancing or trying to play catch with her by throwing a ball at her. I love to climb all over all the furniture. I'm quite the daredevil. Faylen weighs 18 lbs. She's in the 85th percentile. She's a big baby like me. I'm very good at trying to keep her happy by putting her binkie in her mouth. I'm very gentle with her. Mom puts Faylen on the floor of the living room and I play all around her with my toys. Mom even trusts me to be alone in a room with my sis all the time. I think she's already training me to babysit. I better start getting paid for this. Faylen has become a very happy loving baby. She loves to be held and is getting better at other people than mom and dad holding her. Her smile is so precious and she always giggles when you give her kisses on her tummy. Her new nicknames are: sugar melon, sugar pot pie, sugar plum, sugar baby, sugar McBooger, and pretty much anything with sugar attached to it. My most common nickname these days is just chubs. Pretty self explanatory;)
Well, I hope you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for all of you! Here's some random pics for you to enjoy:
Morning Snuggles
Sharing our Toys
The Girls
Cute in Caps





2 comments:
That video is hilarious! I love his little voice. Can't wait to see you guys again at Christmas.
Your blog looks great! The video of John saying "NO" is too cute. I wish little Ethan and John could get together to play...they would have a blast! Maybe when you move to CO? : )
Take care,
Julie
Post a Comment