never thought you'd see the day, huh
Here is our newest member of the family. Welcome, Magnus! Yes, mom finally gave in to dad's dream. Mom's just happy that he doesn't shed. His name means "great" in Latin. He's an American Bulldog. He's really cute and laid back for a puppy. We found out his birthday is Dec 6th, the same day as my daddy!!!!!! So he's about 3 months old now. He is my new best bud. All we do is wrestle. Since I've always had to be gentle with my sissy, it's like I have all this pent up boy aggression and I finally get to take it out on the dog. We spent lots of time outside running around and chasing each other through the orchard.
Click on this link to watch a video of us playing in the orchard:
He's pretty much potty trained but he likes to chew on all our toys. He's already popped all my bouncy balls. The first thing I say every morning when mom opens the door to get me out of my crib is, "Doggie!!!". It's been a bit of a transition for our family, especially for mom having to deal with three babies in the house, but well worth it. That's not to say there aren't days where mom looks like she's about to explode if she has to clean up another mess, break up another wrestling match, yell at Magnus to stop chewing on something, or scoop up another living room poopy surprise. The dog and I can quickly whip through a room like a tornado causing much chaos and wreaking much havoc! But, Magnus couldn't be more perfect for our family. American Bulldogs were bread to work and live on farms so it's a good thing we live on one. I love to feed the dog. (both his food and mine) Magnus is pretty gentle with Faylen. He tries to give her lots of kisses and sometimes it knocks her over. Then I yell, "NO, Doggie!" Click on this link to watch a video of Magnus, Faylen, and I chillin together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWiwf0HB_4Y
First day at the beach with Mags
Speaking of our farm. Check out the picture of our big oak tree that fell down down in the middle of the night, just missing our house by centimeters! I cried when I saw my sad little tree swing lying on the ground. :( We thought it was an earthquake when it fell.
FAYLEN IS CRAWLING!!!!! She looks sooo adorable when she's crawling. Click on this link to watch her crawl for the first time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQiKYigQ6s
She's now 9 months old and is very happy and content crawling around the house to get to her toys. It's really fun to play with her. She just started pointing at things with her little pointer finger. Every time she does it mom and dad say she's soooo cute and then pretend to bite her little finger off. They are sooo weird, every time they get overwhelmed by our cuteness their first reaction is to try and EAT us! Parents.....they're so unpredictable. Faylen's hair is getting long and curly. She speaks a lot in her own little goo-goo gah-gah language. She likes playing with her toys and playing outside. She pulls herself up and stands while holding onto furniture and stuff. She's got two big bottom teeth that makes her look like a cabbage patch doll. We call her "Crazy Tongue" cuz she's always got this wild little lizard tongue that she's spinning around or sticking out of her mouth like a frog catching a fly. Click on this link to watch a video of Faylen in the swing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYaUZXrlbHE
pony tail
Faylen also was dedicated in church. It was a really special day to have our pastor lead the church in a commitment to help raise Faylen to be a woman of God. Grandma, Shosh and Josh got to be there too. I pray that I can be a good example to her as a big brother and teach her about Jesus. I do my best to read her my children's Bible at night before bed. (I refuse to go to bed with out reading my Bible).
We had a really fun Valentine's Day. Dad planned a whole day of surprises. First he got up and made us all a fancy breakfast of omelets. While dad cooked up a storm, mom and I baked and decorated heart shaped cookies and Faylen and I got to open our new Valentine's mailbox that had some fun little treats and surprises in them. Then we went bowling in monterey, (I loved bowling.....the bumpers were helpful), then we went to Denis the Menace park (a huge, really fun park) and ate the picnic lunch dad prepared (including wine glasses and wine), then we came home and got all dressed up and went out to dinner at a fancy French restaurant in downtown Santa Cruz. Everyone there was giving mom and dad funny looks bringing in two babies to this little quiet romantic restaurant, but we behaved ourselves. It was a fun day full of love and surprises. I know mom was really happy.
We had lots of visitors in the last month. First Grandma, Shosh and Josh came. I became very attached to uncle Josh. In fact, after they left I was asking and looking for Josh for weeks. Whenever I see another man that looks remotely like him I call out, "JOSH!!!" I sure hope he comes to visit again so we can play some ball together. Then Uncle Jason, Auntie Rachel, and Cousin Sophia came to visit. We went for walk and picnic by the beach. It was fun to see how much Sophia has grown. Click on this link to watch a video of Sophia and I:
Then Grandma Jill and Grandpa Paul came to visit. We had fun taking our new puppy to the dog park and having a picnic. They took my sis and I on a Valentine's shopping spree at Target. We got to pick out whatever toy we wanted. Faylen being the girly girl that she is picked out cute clothes. I picked out my very own little drum set. (complete with a tambourine and harmonica) I never miss out on my daily jam sessions. I sure miss all my family. I wish they all lived closer. But we are blessed that they want to come and visit pretty often.
I am now almost 22 months old. I still love music. I love it when we crank up the music in the car. If you peeked in the window you'd see me bobbin my head to the beat like Stevie Wonder. I have a confession...I love Barney. (but please don't tell my dad) I learn new words every single day. Mom's trying to start teaching me French. Click on this link to watch a video of me eating breakfast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdLFmcbcH34
I love to take care of my sister. She is my security blanket. (other than my real blankie that I call "Mimi") I can't believe I'm turning two soon. I hope you can make it to my bday party. I think this year I get to share a party with my sis. That'll be fun! Watch this video of me brushing my teeth like a big boy:
Story time at the park. Can you find me holding my sister?
Sharing Toys
Sorry for the delay in this Post. Mom's new camera broke. Remember to feel free to leave a comment. I love reading them!
Love,
Li'l John





2 comments:
I love the video of John and Faylen with sleeping Magnus...sooo cute!!! I was only a little confused though when I forgot that the blog is written from Li'l John's perspective and I was trying to find you (Anna) holding Shosh in the picture of story time in the park. My brain's not quite working the same since I had a baby. Thanks for the update and it was great to see you guys - even if just for a short visit. Magnus is so sweet!
Hi Anna--I love your blog. So cute! Your children are so beautiful!
I'm excited to maybe see you all when you come to visit in a few weeks!
We have a blog too if you'd like to link up!
www.crewmartin.blogspot.com
Post a Comment