Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Special Christmas Present from the Lord

Well, we have some special Christmas news! God is adding another little blessing to our family. Yes, WE'RE PREGNANT! We found out just before Thanksgiving and told our family and some friends. We sure had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. Mom is about 3.5 months along now. The baby is healthy so far and we are so excited for it to come around July 13th. (the due date is the day after mom's bday!!!) Mom wanted to apologize for not calling some of you or getting this news on the Puffer Post sooner. Things have been really busy for her for work and she has been VERY VERY sick. In fact, so far, she says this has been the most difficult pregnancy yet. She got so sick and dehydrated that she had to take a little trip to the hospital. Thankfully lots of family came to the rescue and helped with us kids. (Thanks Jason, Rachel, Grandma and Shoshi!) Everything is fine now. Mom's midwife prescribed some anti-nausea meds that have been working really well. With her throwing up 5 or 6 times a day, for a while there my sister and I were getting quite worried about her. I did such a great job taking care of mom always checking in on her and saying, "Mommy, your tummy hurts??? You Ok? You need Medicine??? Want a cracker???" (She lived off saltines for about a month) I often copy mom and mope around saying "My tummy hurts", "I need medicine". I think mom, not quite being herself for a while, has been affecting me a bit. I even point to my tummy and say, "my baby hurts". (like I'm pregnant too). Isn't it suppose to be daddy who experiences the sympathy pains????? :) Speaking of Dad, he's been like super dad lately. Since mom's been pretty unable, he's been doing all the cooking and cleaning and laundry and taking care of us kids when he's home. Mom would just fall apart if she didn't have such a loving, caring, and hard working husband.

Here is a pic of Baby number 3:

We have decided not to find out the sex with this one. That is, if mom can be patient enough to wait to make is a surprise. Give us some name ideas if you have any. Please keep our family and new growing baby in your prayers. We love you all and hope you have a very blessed Christmas!

Love,

Li'l John

6 comments:

Joy said...

Yeah!!! So exciting! Sorry you have been so sick- I understand how that feels. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Babies are such a blessing!!! Love you guys!

susan said...

when i first saw the ultrasound picture, i screamed out loud! how fun and exciting. the baby part, not the sickness part. ;)

your family will be in our prayers. oh, and i am loving your hair.

Mitchell Family said...

Congratulations Puffer Family! Anna, I heard somewhere that the more morning sickness you have, the smarter your kid will be. Looks like we will both have geniuses! Glad you're feeling better and congrats again on a fantastic Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! Lance and I are pregnant as well with a little boy. I'm due May 22. Luckily, I haven't been as sick as you have but this is just my first. You're very blessed to have such a great husband to take care of the fam. Congratulations! -Amy Kilpatrick

Steph said...

A huge congratulations!!! So glad you have been able to get the anti nausea meds.. they are the only thing that keep me standing as well. What a blessing that John is such a wonderful man to help you in those ways! Your family is so precious and I can't wait to see you guys again. Call me if I can ever have the kids over for a bit to help you get work done, take a nap or whatever!

Robyn said...

Congratulations!! Can't get any better Christmas present than that, huh? And what a great family photo...God is good. We love you, elli & mom

Web Development Services

Followers