Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

sweetest thing

Ok, so I had to steal this blog from my son for a moment to tell a sweet story about him. Christmas this year is a blessing to me because my kids are beginning to get to know Jesus even more. A minute ago I asked Li'l John to teach his baby brother about Jesus. So I laid Jediah on the floor and sat down on the couch to do work on the computer as I listened to John. John went and got his little nativity/manger scene toys and brought them over to Jediah. He pick up the baby Jesus and put him in Jediah's face and said this,

"Jediah, this is baby Jesus. He teach us the mandments (10 commandments). He's my friend. Jesus is everywhere....but you can't see Him. Jesus was born and Mary and Joseph was big.  Joseph was very good and Mary was helping baby Jesus. And the angels fly and say, 'Do not be fraid'. Look Jediah here's baby Jesus. Do you like him?"

I was so glad I was at the computer as he spoke, bc I was able to type every word. It was the most precious thing EVER! What a blessing it is to see such a small child loving Jesus, knowing His love, and wanting to share it with his brother. Shouldn't we all be doing this during the Christmas season? I hope this little story blessed you as much as it blessed me. I will try and get it on video next time he teaches us about Jesus. Don't forget to not only include Jesus in your Christmas celebrations, but, like Li'l John, make Him your main focus.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

If it weren't for wonderful parents like you and John who make teaching your children about Jesus a major priority, then we would all miss out on the joy of hearing sweet Li'l John share about his love for Jesus to his 4 month old brother. Way to go, mom and dad!

Momma S said...

I LOVE this! Thank you!e

Web Development Services

Followers