Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Loving the Dentist

Ok, so how often is it that a 2 year old and three year old have a successful dentist appointment at the same time?
Well, believe or not, we did! I tried going to the dentist over a year ago and was too scared of the chair to even sit down. I just screamed and we had to go. This year, both my sister and I had an appointment at the same time. Mom said that she honestly has never been more proud of me. We walked in to the dentist and mom sat with (faylen who did a lot of crying during her examination) and I walked off with another dental assistant clear across this giant room from my mom. She made me lay down on this big chair, wear a bib, wear sunglasses, while she cleaned my mouth and shoved instruments in it with this bright light blaring over my head. Meanwhile, mom wasn't there to hold my hand or talk me through it. But I didn't need her. I completely obeyed everything the hygienist told me to do and was such a mature big boy the whole time. Mom just couldn't believe it. I think she's proud of me, yet a little sad at how old and independent I'm getting so quickly. Here's some pics of the momentous occasion.
Faylen before she started getting freaked out and screaming
We got a balloon, a sticker, a toy and a report card
Mom didn't take a picture of it, but there was a huge fish tank with nothing but Nemo's and Dory's and there was a huge Puffer fish painting in front of my chair. I loved it!


This is the lady using that water squirter and saliva sucker in my mouth. I didn't even flinch!


When she told me to "open wide" I sure listened
This is mom leaning over chairs to get a closer picture with her camera phone, since she was so far away from me during most of the appointment.

No comments:

Web Development Services

Followers